$课文23 新居

219. I had a letter from my sister yesterday.

昨天我收到了姐姐的一封信,

220. She lives in Nigeria.

她住在尼日利亚。

221. In her letter, she said that she would come to England next year.

在信中她说她明年将到英国来。

222. If she comes, she will get a surprise.

如果她来了,她会感到非常惊奇了。

223. We are now living in a beautiful new house in the country.

我们现在住在乡间的一栋漂亮的新住宅里。

224. Work on it had begun before my sister left.

这栋房子在我姐姐离开之前就已动工了,

225. The house was completed five months ago.

是在5个月以前竣工的。

226. In my letter, I told her that she could stay with us.

我在信中告诉她,她可以和我们住在一起。

227. The house has many large rooms and there is a lovely garden.

这栋房子里有许多房间,还有一个漂亮的花园。

228. It is a very modern house, so it looks strange to some people.

它是一栋非常现代化的住宅,因此在有些人看来很古怪。

229. It must be the only modern house in the district.

它肯定是这个地区唯一的一栋现代化住宅。

$课文24 不幸中之万幸

230. I entered the hotel manager's office and sat down.

我走进饭店经理的办公室,坐了下来。

231. I had just lost $50 and I felt very upset.

我刚刚丢了50英镑,感到非常烦恼。

232. ' I left the money in my room, I said, and it' s not there now.'

“我把钱放在房间里,”我说,“可现在没有了。”

233. The manager was sympathetic, but he could do nothing.

经理深表同情,但却无能为力。

234. 'Everyone's losing money these days,' he said.

“现在大家都在丢钱,”他说。

235. He started to complain about this wicked world but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

他开始抱怨起这个邪恶的世道来,却被一阵敲门声打断了。

236. A girl came in and put an envelope on his desk.

一个姑娘走了进来,把一个信封放在了他桌上。

237. It contained $50.

它里面装着50英镑。

238. 'I found this outside this gentleman's room,' she said.

“这是我在这位先生的房门外捡到的,”她说。

239. 'Well,' I said to the manager, 'there is still some honesty in this world!'

“是啊,”我对那位经理说,“这世界上还是有诚实可言的!”

$课文25 英国人讲的是英语吗?

240. I arrived in London at last.

我终于到了伦敦。

241. The railway station was big, black and dark.

火车站很大,又黑又暗。

242. I did not know the way to my hotel, so I asked a porter.

我不知道去饭店的路该怎么走,

于是向一个搬运工打听。

243. I not only spoke English very carefully, but very clearly as well.

我的英语讲得不但非常认真,而且咬字也非常清楚。

244. The porter, however, could not understand me.

然而搬运工却不明白我的话。

245. I repeated my question several times and at last he understood.

我把问话重复了很多遍。他终于听懂了。

246. he answered me, but he spoke neither slowly nor clearly.

他回答了,但他讲得既不慢也不清楚。

247. 'I am a foreigner,' I said.

“我是个外国人,”我说。

248. Then he spoke slowly, but I could not understand him.

于是他说得慢了,可我还是听不懂。

249. My teacher never spoke English like that!

我的老师从来不那样讲英语!

250. The porter and I looked at each other and smiled.

我和搬运工相视一笑。

251. Then he said something and I understood it.

接着,他说了点什么,这回我听懂了。

252. 'You'll soon learn English!' he said.

“ 您会很快学会英语的!”他说。

253. I wonder. In England, each person speaks a different language.

我感到奇怪。在英国,人们各自说着一种不同的语言。

254. The English understand each other, but I don't understand them!

英国人之间相互听得懂,可我却不懂他们的话!

255. Do they speak English?

他们说的是英语吗?

New Concept English Two 10 25的更多相关文章

  1. New Concept English there (25)

    38w/m 65 One of the most famous sailing ships of the nineteenth century, the Cutty Sark, can still b ...

  2. 背水一战 Windows 10 (25) - MVVM: 通过 x:Bind 实现 MVVM(不用 Command)

    [源码下载] 背水一战 Windows 10 (25) - MVVM: 通过 x:Bind 实现 MVVM(不用 Command) 作者:webabcd 介绍背水一战 Windows 10 之 MVV ...

  3. /proc/interrupts 统计2.6.38.8与3.10.25差异

    eth4进,eth5出 linux-3.10.25 67:          2          3          2          3   PCI-MSI-edge     eth468: ...

  4. CentOS安装NodeJS v0.10.25 + Express

    安装必需组件 yum -y install gcc make gcc-c++ openssl-devel wget cd ~wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.25/n ...

  5. 10.25 正睿停课训练 Day9

    目录 2018.10.25 正睿停课训练 Day9 A 数独(思路 DP) B 红绿灯(最短路Dijkstra) C 轰炸(计算几何 圆并) 考试代码 B C 2018.10.25 正睿停课训练 Da ...

  6. New Concept English there (1)Typing speed exercise

    Today,I start learn new concept english there,Mainly for listening practice and typing speed exercis ...

  7. Java习题10.25

    Java习题10.25 1. 实际上这道题考查的是两同两小一大原则: 方法名相同,参数类型相同 子类返回类型小于等于父类方法返回类型, 子类抛出异常小于等于父类方法抛出异常, 子类访问权限大于等于父类 ...

  8. New Concept English Two 25 67

    $课文65  小象对警察 683. Last Christmas, the circus owner, Jimmy Gates, decided to take some presents to a ...

  9. New Concept English three(10)

    The great ship, Titanic, sailed for New York from Southampton on April 10th, 1912. She was carrying ...

随机推荐

  1. mysql 数据操作 多表查询 多表连接查询 笛卡尔积

    1 交叉连接:不适用任何匹配条件.生成笛卡尔积 所有员工都和四个部门 做了对应关系 mysql> select * from employee,department; +----+------- ...

  2. CSS背景以及文本

    css设置背景: <style type="text/css"> /*background-image: 直接设置x,y重复而且平铺整个body*/ /*下面两句的功能 ...

  3. ASP.Net Core 使用Redis实现分布式缓存

    本篇我们记录的内容是怎么在Core中使用Redis 和 SQL Server 实现分布式缓存. 一.文章概念描述   分布式缓存描述: 分布式缓存重点是在分布式上,相信大家接触过的分布式有很多中,像分 ...

  4. C#检查文件是否被占用

    第一种方法: using System.IO; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; [DllImport("kernel32.dll")] ...

  5. Liferay portlet首选项(preferences)设置、存储处理

    最近使用Liferay做项目集成,由于团队人员在之前对Liferay这东西都没有充分的了解,用起来着实费了不少力气,最近为了为定制好的portlet添加初始化信息,翻阅了一些文章,下面是了解到的关于初 ...

  6. SVN提交修改时出现:Checksum mismatch

    在使用SVN commit提交修改时,提示Checksum mismatch 问题,提示版本不一致,不能提交,类似于下图. 图片来源于网络,如有侵权,请告知删除. 搜索stackoverflow.co ...

  7. Java之网络爬虫WebCollector2.1.2+selenium2.44+phantomjs2.1.1

    Java之网络爬虫WebCollector2.1.2+selenium2.44+phantomjs2.1.1 一.简介 版本匹配: WebCollector2.12 + selenium2.44.0 ...

  8. firefox_flash_install_on_kali

    手动安装firefox的flash的步骤 1> 下载flash的tar.gz安装包 firefox http://get2.adobe.com/cn/flashplayer/otherversi ...

  9. ExtJS实现分页grid paging

    背景 分页查询在Web页面中比例很大,我自己也写过分页框架,也用过很多第三方分页. 基于jquery的dataTables,那么多例子.清晰API.应用广泛.开源,即使是新手也可以很快上手. ExtJ ...

  10. MyBatis的简单入门学习

    一个新知识开始是最难学的.(万事开头难) MyBatis大体分三层,接口层,数据处理层,基础支撑层. 其中接口层不是java中的那个interface,而是框架和程序员之间的对接.一个API,程序员可 ...