$课文77  一例成功的手术

829. The mummy of an Egyptian woman who died in 800 B.C. has just had an operation.

死于公元前800年的一位埃及妇女的木乃伊刚刚接受了一次手术。

830. The mummy is that of Shepenmut who was once a singer in the Temple of Thebes.

这是曾在底比斯神殿里当过歌手的赛潘姆特的木乃伊。

831. As there were strange marks on the X-ray plates taken of the mummy,

由于在给这个木乃伊拍摄的X光片子上有点奇怪的斑点,

832. doctors have been trying to find out whether the woman died of a rare disease.

所以,医生们一直试图搞清这位妇女是否死于一种罕见的疾病。

833. The only way to do this was to operate.

搞清的唯一办法就是手术。

834. The operation, which lasted for over four hours, proved to be very difficult because of the hard resin which covered the skin.

手术持续了4个多小时,非常难做,因为皮肤上覆盖着一层硬硬的树脂。

835. The doctors removed a section of the mummy and sent it to a laboratory.

医生们从木乃伊身上取下一个切片,送去化验。

836. They also found something which the X-ray plates did not show: a small wax figure of the god Duamutef.

他们还发现了X光片所没有显示的东西:一个蜡制的杜瓦木特夫神小塑像。

837. This god which has the head of a cow was normally placed inside a mummy.

这种牛头人身的神像通常被放在木乃伊体内。

838. The doctors have not yet decided how the woman died.

医生们至今还未确定这位妇女的死因。

839. They feared that the mummy would fall to pieces when they cut it open, but fortunately this has not happened.

他们曾担心在把木乃伊切开后,它会散成碎片,但幸运得很,这种情况并未发生。

840. The mummy successfully survived the operation.

这具木乃伊成功地经受了这次手术。

$课文78  最后一枝吗?

841. After reading an article entitled 'Cigarette Smoking and Your Health' I lit a cigarette to calm my nerves.

读完一篇题为《吸烟与健康》的文章之后,我点上了一枝香烟,来镇定一下自己紧张的神经。

842. I smoked with concentration and pleasure as I was sure that this would be my last cigarette.

我聚精会神而又愉快地吸着这枝烟。因为我确信这是我最后一枝烟了。

843. For a whole week I did not smoke at all and during this time, my wife suffered terribly.

整整一个星期我根本没有吸烟。在此期间,我妻子吃尽了苦头。

844. I had all the usual symptoms of someone giving up smoking: a bad temper and an enormous appetite.

我具备了戒烟者通常表现出来的所有症状:脾气暴躁和食欲旺盛。

845. My friends kept on offering me cigarettes and cigars.

我的朋友们不断地向我递香烟和雪茄。

846. They made no effort to hide their amusement whenever I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket.

每当我从口袋里掏出一包糖果时,他们都毫不掩饰地表现出他们对此感到非常好笑。

847. After seven days of this I went to a party.

这样过了7天以后,我去参加一次聚会。

848. Everybody around me was smoking and I felt extremely uncomfortable.

我周围的每个人都在吸烟,我感到非常不自在。

849. When my old friend Brian urged me to accept a cigarette, it was more than I could bear.

当我的老朋友布赖恩极力劝我接受一枝香烟时,我再也忍不住了。

850. I took one guiltily, lit it and smoked with satisfaction.

我内疚地接过一枝点上,心满意足地抽起来。

851. My wife was delighted that things had returned to normal once more.

一切又都恢复了正常,为此我妻子十分高兴。

852. Anyway, as Brian pointed out, it is the easiest thing in the world to give up smoking.

不管怎么说,正如布赖恩指出的那样,戒烟是世界上最容易的事情,

853. He himself has done it lots of times!

他自己就已戒了很多次了!

$课文79  乘飞机

854. I used to travel by air a great deal when I was a boy.

我在幼年的时候,曾多次乘飞机旅行。

855. My parents used to live in South America and I used to fly there from Europe in the holidays.

我的父母曾经住在南美洲,所以假期里我常从欧洲乘飞机到他们那里。

856. A flight attendant would take charge of me and I never had an unpleasant experience.

我总是由一位空中乘务员照管,从未遇到过不愉快的经历。

857. I am used to travelling by air and only on one occasion have I ever felt frightened.

我习惯了乘飞机旅行,只是有一次把我吓坏了。

858. After taking off, we were flying low over the city and slowly gaining height,

起飞之后,我们在城市上空低低地飞行,然后慢慢爬高。

859. when the plane suddenly turned round and flew back to the airport.

这时飞机突然调转头来,飞回了机场。

860. While we were waiting to land,

在我们等待降落时,

861. a flight attendant told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it had touched down.

一位空中乘务员告诉我们要保持镇静,待飞机一着陆,就马上不声不响地离开飞机。

862. Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened.

飞机上的人都很着急,大家都急于想知道究竟出了什么事。

863. Later we learnt that there was a very important person on board.

后来我们才得知,飞机上坐了一位非常重要的人物。

864. The police had been told that a bomb had been planted on the plane.

有人报告警察,说飞机上安放了一枚炸弹。

865. After we had landed, the plane was searched thoroughly.

我们降落之后,飞机被彻底搜查了一遍。

866. Fortunately, nothing was found and five hours later we were able to take off again.

幸运的是,什么也没有找到。5个小时后,我们又起飞了。

New Concept English Two 29 79的更多相关文章

  1. New Concept English there (1)Typing speed exercise

    Today,I start learn new concept english there,Mainly for listening practice and typing speed exercis ...

  2. New Concept English three (29)

    1听力和打字训练: 31w/m 54 typing errors Whether we find a joke funny or not largely depends on were we have ...

  3. New Concept English Two 7

    $课文14 你会讲英语吗? 133. I had an amusing experience last year. 去年我有过一次有趣的经历. 134. After I had left a smal ...

  4. New Concept English Two 4

    听力口语是一起的,其中,受中国英语发音的影响,我们的听力识别度会很差,歪果仁发的地道英语,极有可能我们听不懂.这涉及到:自然拼读法的训练,还有纠音练习.当然,听简单的美剧的音频,然后练习是最好的. 新 ...

  5. New Concept English Two 24 64

    $课文62  大火之后 650. Firemen had been fighting the forest for nearly three weeks before they could get i ...

  6. New Concept English Two 15 37

    listening speaking reading writing and translating $课文35  捉贼! 355. Roy Trenton used to drive a taxi. ...

  7. New Concept English Two 13 31

    $课文29 出租汽车 294. Captain Ben Fawcett has bought an unusual taxi and has begun a new service. 本.弗西特机长买 ...

  8. New Concept English Two 10 25

    $课文23 新居 219. I had a letter from my sister yesterday. 昨天我收到了姐姐的一封信, 220. She lives in Nigeria. 她住在尼 ...

  9. New Concept English three (24)

    33 72 We often read in novels how a seemingly respectable person or family has some terrible secret ...

随机推荐

  1. Linux下编译安装MySQL5.6

    [准备工作] 所有操作需要在root用户下 本机测试案例系统信息:centos7.3 安装路径:/usr/local/mysql [安装MySQL] 先安装如下依赖包: $ yum -y instal ...

  2. 手把手教你学node.js 之使用 eventproxy 控制并发

    使用 eventproxy 控制并发 目标 建立一个 lesson4 项目,在其中编写代码. 代码的入口是 app.js,当调用 node app.js 时,它会输出 CNode(https://cn ...

  3. 2018-2019 ICPC, NEERC, Southern Subregional Contest (Online Mirror, ACM-ICPC Rules, Teams Preferred) Solution

    A. Find a Number Solved By 2017212212083 题意:$找一个最小的n使得n % d == 0 并且 n 的每一位数字加起来之和为s$ 思路: 定义一个二元组$< ...

  4. uva10417 概率DP

    这题 to[i][j] 为第i个人送j这个礼物的概率 我们用13进制进行压缩这个留下的的礼物的个数,这样我们将dp[i][k]表示为当第i个人放完礼物后得到的状态为k时的概率,那么通过记忆化搜索我们就 ...

  5. 常用DOS命令总结

    本文主要参考:http://www.jb51.net/article/12360.htm http://blog.csdn.net/kofterry/article/details/5183110 常 ...

  6. mongodb的安装和权限管理

    mongodb4.0已经发布,但是鉴于线上环境更多的是使用旧版本的mongodb,我们这里使用的mongodb3.4版本. 官网下载地址为:https://fastdl.mongodb.org/lin ...

  7. SQL Server2008安装图解

    1).双击set.up安装:

  8. windows 10占用cpu和内存过高

    自从安装了windows 10,开机之后cpu和内存一直占用很高,尤其是system进程,一直占cpu在13%左右,上网查到一个解决方式,如下: cpu瞬间变为1%

  9. 20145204 《Java程序设计》第1周学习总结

    20145204 <Java程序设计>第1周学习总结 教材学习内容总结 本周经过不断的钻研课本,及看一些老师的视频,我对Java有了一个全新的认知.是的,Java和C都是一种语言,但是Ja ...

  10. Thread.Start和Delegate.BeginInvoke 以及Control.BeginInvoke

    Thread.Start starts a new OS thread to execute the delegate. When the delegate returns, the thread i ...