The video can be found on the website。

$课文20 独坐孤舟

190. Fishing is my favourite sport.

钓鱼是我特别喜爱的一项运动。

191. I often fish for hours without catching anything.

我经常一钓数小时却一无所获,

192. But this does not worry me.

但我从不为此烦恼。

193. Some fishermen are unlucky.

有些垂钓者就是不走运,

194. Instead of catching fish, they catch old boots and rubbish.

他们往往鱼钓不到,却钓上来些旧靴子和垃圾。

195. I am even less lucky.

我的运气甚至还不及他们。

196. I never catch anything -- not even old boots.

我什么东西也未钓到过 -- 就连旧靴子也没有。

197. After having spent whole mornings on the river, I always go home with an empty bag.

我总是在河上呆上整整一上午,然后空着袋子回家。

198. 'You must give up fishing!' my friends say. 'It's a waste of time.'

“你可别再钓鱼了!”我的朋友们说,“这是浪费时间。”

199. But they don't realize one important thing.

然而他们没有认识到重要的一点,

200. I'm not really interested in fishing.

我并不是真的对钓鱼有兴趣,

201. I am only interested in sitting in a boat and doing nothing at all!

我感兴趣的只是独坐孤舟,无所事事!

$课文21 是不是疯了

202. Aeroplanes are slowly driving me mad.

飞机正在逐渐把我逼疯。

203. I live near an airport and passing planes can be heard night and day.

我住在一个机场附近,过往飞机日夜不绝于耳。

204. The airport was built years ago, but for some reason it could not be used then.

机场是许多年前建的,但由于某种原因当时未能启用。

205. Last year, however, it came into use.

然而去年机场开始使用了。

206. Over a hundred people must have been driven away from their homes by the noise.

有100多人肯定是被噪音逼得已经弃家远去,

207. I am one of the few people left.

我是少数留下来的人中的一个。

208. Sometimes I think this house will be knocked down by a passing plane.

有时我觉得这房子就要被一架飞过的飞机撞倒。

209. I have been offered a large sum of money to go away, but I am determined to stay here.

他们曾向我提供一大笔钱让我搬走,但我决定留在这儿。

210. Everybody says I must be mad and they are probably right.

大家都说我肯定是疯了,也许他们说的是对的。

$课文22 玻璃信封

211. My daughter, Jane, never dreamed of receiving a letter from a girl of her own age in Holland.

我的女儿简从未想过会接到荷兰一位同龄姑娘的来信。

212. Last year, we were travelling across the Channel and Jane put a piece of paper with her name and address on it into a bottle.

去年,当我们横渡英吉利海峡时,简把写有她姓名和住址的一张纸条装进了一只瓶子,

213. She threw the bottle into the sea.

又将瓶子扔进了大海。

214. She never thought of it again,

此后她就再没去想那只瓶子。

215. but ten months later, she received a letter from a girl in Holland.

但10个月以后,她收到了荷兰一位姑娘的来信。

216. Both girls write to each other regularly now.

现在这两位姑娘定期通信了。

217. However, they have decided to use the post office.

然而她们还是决定利用邮局。

218. Letters will cost a little more, but they will certainly travel faster.

这样会稍微多花点钱,但肯定是快得多了。

New Concept English Two 9 22的更多相关文章

  1. New Concept English three (22)

    34w 54 Some plays are so successful that they run for years on end. In many ways, this is unfortunat ...

  2. New Concept English there (1)Typing speed exercise

    Today,I start learn new concept english there,Mainly for listening practice and typing speed exercis ...

  3. New Concept English Two 22 58

    $课文56  比声音还快! 579. Once a year, a race is held for old cars. 旧式汽车的比赛每年举行一次. 580. A lot of cars enter ...

  4. English trip V1 - 22. My Life Teacher:Emily Key: describe talk about past 过去式

    In this lesson you will learn to talk about the past. 课上内容(Lesson) I was born in 1986. I started sch ...

  5. New Concept English Two 7

    $课文14 你会讲英语吗? 133. I had an amusing experience last year. 去年我有过一次有趣的经历. 134. After I had left a smal ...

  6. New Concept English Two 24 64

    $课文62  大火之后 650. Firemen had been fighting the forest for nearly three weeks before they could get i ...

  7. New Concept English Two 15 37

    listening speaking reading writing and translating $课文35  捉贼! 355. Roy Trenton used to drive a taxi. ...

  8. New Concept English Two 10 25

    $课文23 新居 219. I had a letter from my sister yesterday. 昨天我收到了姐姐的一封信, 220. She lives in Nigeria. 她住在尼 ...

  9. New Concept English three (24)

    33 72 We often read in novels how a seemingly respectable person or family has some terrible secret ...

随机推荐

  1. SQL Server分区键列必须是主键一部分

    SQL Server分区键列必须是主键一部分. 必须把分区列包含在主键/唯一约束/唯一索引的键列中. USE tempdb GO -- 测试表 CREATE TABLE dbo.tb( id int, ...

  2. 表单(下)-EasyUI Spinner 微调器、EasyUI Numberspinner 数值微调器、EasyUI Timespinner 时间微调器、EasyUI Slider 滑块

    EasyUI Spinner 微调器 扩展自 $.fn.validatebox.defaults.通过 $.fn.spinner.defaults 重写默认的 defaults. 微调器(spinne ...

  3. 模块讲解----hashlib模块(加密)

    作用 用于加密相关的操作,代替了md5模块和sha模块,主要提供 SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512 ,MD5 算法 语法 import hashlib #md5 ...

  4. c/c++值传递和引用传递

    今天看数据结构的时候,因为是c语言版的,刚开始学的时候就对指针搞的焦头烂额,今天,发现参数传递的时候,&符号也莫名其妙,搜了一篇好文,转载下来. 一. 函数参数传递机制的基本理论 函数参数传递 ...

  5. C++语言中的四种类型转换

    1 引子 这篇笔记是根据StackOverflow上面的一个问题整理而成,主要内容是对C/C++当中四种类型转换操作进行举例说明.在之前其实对它们都是有所了解的,而随着自己在进行总结,并敲了一些测试示 ...

  6. c# ArrayList 的排序问题!

    2009-01-19 20:10 c# ArrayList 的排序问题! c# ArrayList 的排序问题! 我看见网上有人用IComparer接口实现ArrayLIst 的排序问题 ,于是自己写 ...

  7. [BZOJ3237]连通图

    Description Input Output Sample Input 4 5 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 1 2 4 3 1 5 2 2 3 2 1 2 Sample Output Connec ...

  8. Redis之持久化

    Redis 持久化 提供了多种不同级别的持久化方式:一种是RDB,另一种是AOF. RDB方式的持久化是通过快照(snapshotting)完成的,当符合一定条件时Redis会自动将内存中的所有数据进 ...

  9. Python学习札记(四十三) IO 3

    参考:操作文件和目录 NOTE: 1.Python内置的os模块可以直接调用操作系统提供的接口函数: 2.os.name 打印操作系统的名称:如果是posix,说明系统是Linux.Unix或Mac ...

  10. SDN前瞻 软件定义网络的一些概念

    SDN的核心:可编程性 SDN的思想:SOA面向服务 面向服务的体系结构(service-oriented architecture SOA) 使网络连接的大量计算机易于合作,以 服务 而不是人工交互 ...